Monday 28 January 2008

While You Were Away! by Ushna Sardar

See the canvas without picture,
See the door without walls.
See the eyes that were without life,
See the life that was without soul!
I see the crying soul downstairs,
I see myself walking into the rain!

I heard the words that you never spoke;
I felt the love that was in your eyes!
I saw the world there; I wasn't alone.
I saw the picture there; we were alone!
I saw the world in your eyes!
I saw the destiny.

I saw the dream and there's no fear.
I saw colour that was so real.

Say again that I'm all yours!
Say those words never spoken before!

I can read them all,
Whether you speak them or not!
I can read your eyes!
I can read your soul!
I won't pretend I never loved you!
Won't deny I was all yours!

But you don't say that in your heart;
You don't speak the words of love.
I saw the world that's empty while you're away!
I saw the picture that lost colour without you!
I won't lie, that's the truth: I love you!
And I can't live without you!

No comments: