Wednesday 30 January 2008

Did You Feel Proud? by Michelle

Did you feel proud as you walked away?
Left me standing with everything you didn't say.
You broke it all, every last part,
Now deep inside lies my broken heart.

When you left you took my pride,
Taking my happiness with every stride.
I promised myself I wouldn't cry,
But just like us, that promise died.

A year has passed since that day,
With you on my mind, always.
I can't think about you without shame,
I know why you left, I'm to blame.

I'm not pretty and I'm not thin,
I'm not confident and I never win.
Why would you want to be with someone like me?
Now all I want is to be set free.

Free from this life and this heavy ache,
Free from the heart that you just had to break.
Before I'm gone, there's just one last thing I want you to know:
I love you with all my heart, but you made me go.

No comments: