Wednesday 23 January 2008

Poems by Suvarna

Season Flowers

Look at the flowers in the Springtime;
I wonder how they are made?
With each petal glowing,
Brightly they are laid!

Look at the flowers in the Summer;
I wonder how they lie?
With hot sun above them shining bright,
The flowers all become dry!

Look at the flowers in the Autumn time;
I wonder why they fall?
I only see in my garden,
Trees which grow so tall!

Look at the flowers in the Winter;
I wonder how they get chilled?
I smell some flowers,of course!
Rest of them get chilled!!

************************

Man's Greed

Oh! When will man's demand come to an end?
Why does he ask for more?
When He has given
All that is reserved for!
Yet,not satisfied, his greed proven!!

When a toddler,he thinks
To become aged, at once.
At a young age, he aspires
To become the head of his house.

Becoming the master, he settles down.
Wishes to have an heir of his own!
Bestowed with one, he asks for another
What a pity! He recognizes!!

Then comes the time,
He craves for money!
By hook or by crook
Will turn to get this honey.

A man's desire can never be fulfilled
To his satisfaction!
No matter what, will increase with time
And age, this action.

Oh! When will man's demand come to an end?

*************************

My Wish

The clouds wander in the sky,
As little balls of snow.
They attract me, I don't know why;
With their every bit of glow!

I fancy they call me,
Up there to the sky.
I wish I could go
And happily lie!

And roam about all day,
As they do, happy and gay.
All summer I lay,
With thoughts on my way!

But then I thought and sighed,
"Oh! how will I go?"
It's too far away.
And I watched the clouds again,
From the earth where I stay!!

No comments: