Wednesday 23 January 2008

I Ask You Why by Shelby Crees

I ask you why you took a stand,
You kissed me goodnight, and why you held my hand?
The short moments each bright clear night,
We spent together, not caring if it was right.

I never cared if someone found out,
But it always seemed that was all you thought about.
I ask you why you took a stand,
You kissed me goodnight, and why you held me hand?

My friends would ask, "Are you two dating?"
I never knew, I was always waiting.
Waiting for you to show me a sign,
Waiting for you to say,"You're Mine!"

Again, I ask you, "Why?" Why you took a stand?
Why you kissed me goodnight, and why you held my hand?
Walking on by in a crowded place,
I avoided you, so you didn't see the tears fall down my face.

Alone on this track, I wonder if it was right.
I wonder if you were worth this great fight.
Once again, "Why?" Why did you take a stand?
Why did you kiss me goodnight? Why did you hold me hand?

Is it finished, I never wanted it to be.
But the choice is yours, "You Tell Me."

No comments: