Sunday 24 February 2008

Searching for Freedom by Tri n Tran

Every so often a really poignant and heart-rending poem is submitted.

This is one of those. I make no apology for posting it on this page as sometimes, being brought face to face with the harsher realities of life is a timely wake-up call to help those who are vulnerable and have suffered, indeed still suffer at the hands of those who should know better ...

A very brave piece of writing.

Stuart

******************************************

Searching for Freedom by Tri n Tran

Oh my sirs, I 'm only thirteen!
So young and innocent,I know nothing.
My nights, starless and my days, black ink;
Sprawl on my bed, clueless,
I taste the salt and no sugar;
So beautiful and powerless,
I, your queen of diamond,
Priceless and rejected,
My heart, shattered like a mirror.
I dream of the sky,
Cyan and calm like the ocean,
I long to feel the winter moon,
But hands tied and body, strapped.
So pretty like a Lillie,
Now, torn into pieces and wingless.
So naive and tearful,
Please sirs, don't break my virginity!

No comments: