Tuesday 19 February 2008

Poems by Flavia Mayara Silva

Deeply-Secretly

It's not easy to know what was true:
For me and for you; for us.
My age, my life; and rules?
But I guess it's what I feel.
But not what I felt.

I felt and heard and saw and heard.
I heard you:
I heard you; now you hear me!
Us two: you and me.
I'll hear you too.

I felt so confused.
Who am I?
Me who?
I loved every little detail of you;
Being loved by you.

But that's in the past.
Me and you forever it would have been.
I thought we would last.
But you're just my past.
You would have of been part of me.

You are still part of me.
As, deeply-secretly,
I am part of you.

Maybe sometimes you didn't want to be part of me.
And I often didn't want to be part of you.
Were we?
It was all so true!
I learn from you as you learned from me.

I guess it was the age diffference.
You tried to make out I was so immature.
But I thought you wrong.
I taught you more then you will ever know!
Whatever!
Just perhaps, deeply-secretly.

It's over.

*********************************
Thankful

I realized today
That being thankful
For what you have
Is important.

I am thankful that I am able to see,
Because to see is the gift of seeing.
And without that I wouldn't know my colours;
I wouldn't be able to see a sunset.

I am thankful that I am able to talk,
Because to talk is the gift of speaking.
And without that I would have a write
To prove a point, or defend myself, or to communicate.

I am thankful that I am able to hear,
Because to hear is the gift of hearing.
And without that there would be
No music or stories to hear.

And I feel for those
Who are not able.
Because not being able is to not be able
But to be thankful for every other thing you have.

No comments: